This book highlights the lives of 20 individuals who have chosen to promote peace and many of them are Nobel Peace Prize recipients. The book is divided into 5 parts: Choosing Nonviolence, Living Peace, Honoring Diversity, Valuing All Life, and Caring for the Planet…viewpoints our school district has been promoting since elementary school. What I liked about this book (aside from learning about the significant contributions of these people) is that it’s brief. Each chapter is devoted to an individual, is only 5 pages, the first paragraph summarizes the accomplishment, 4 short pages describe the person’s life/accomplishments, the last page includes their quotes. Additionally, I believe many classroom activities could be derived from it.
This book highlights the lives of 20 individuals who have chosen to promote peace and many of them are Nobel Peace Prize recipients. The book is divided into 5 parts: Choosing Nonviolence, Living Peace, Honoring Diversity, Valuing All Life, and Caring for the Planet…viewpoints our school district has been promoting since elementary school. What I liked about this book (aside from learning about the significant contributions of these people) is that it’s brief. Each chapter is devoted to an individual, is only 5 pages, the first paragraph summarizes the accomplishment, 4 short pages describe the person’s life/accomplishments, the last page includes their quotes. Additionally, I believe many classroom activities could be derived from it.
ReplyDelete