Monday, January 23, 2012

Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

2 comments:

  1. I was ver interested in Adriana's comment that "this is what the students at Lenape are reading". In researching this book a bit, I've found that the content is somewhat controversial? I have advocated for "controversial" titles in the past and will continue to do so, but I have to ask that we truly consider the material within our recommendations before voting them forward for our entire school. since we will be asked to defend the very material that others may find objectionable, it is a conversation that we must have. This topic is something that I do hope we discuss at our next formal meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting book. A senior in hs entranced by his neighbor and classmate, goes on an all night 'adventure' with her then when she mysteriously disappears, spends time tracking her down thru clues that she maybe left for him. Once again, a book that is a good read but I'm not sure it got the pizzazz we need for OBOS.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.